Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My Redecorating Project - BEFORE

As I mentioned yesterday, I redecorated the main floor of my condo this summer.  The main thing I wanted to change was the wall color.  Even though my living room/dining room has an entire wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, I don't have good light.  It's a northern exposure, there's a small "forest" behind me, and an overhang on my patio outside.  All those together tend to block too much of the light coming in.  The wall color I chose the last time is a cool color, and though I still love it, it was just a bit too dark considering my lack of strong daylight. I also read recently that decorators advise using a warm color for a northern exposure and a cool color for a southern exposure.  Makes sense!  

So here's what my condo looked like when I started.  I was in a hurry to get going, but I wish I had taken time to remove some of the clutter!  Oh well, here it is. 


 Dining room area; kitchen off to the left, wall of windows on the right.  Targets for change: Wall color, rug

 Targets for change: shelves, laminate counter

Foyer; living room to the left, front door to the right. Targets for change: wall color, door colors, corner shelf unit, lamp, wall decor

Living Room; Targets for change: SOFA, floor lamp in background, stereo shelving, wall decor, shelf decor, rug


Targets for change: drapes, new top for my mom's vintage sewing machine base. I learned to sew on that machine.  (Please ignore the messy potting bench outside!)

Target for change: TV cabinet


 Targets for change:  mirrored planter, framed wall decor


Whew!  Lots of work scheduled!  In future posts I'll take the changes one or two at a time. 

1 comment:

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails