Saturday, April 26, 2014

She's Ba-a-ack!

I really hadn't planned to be gone from here so long.  Yes, I did manage the Sunday Funnies each week, but not much else.  Where have I been?   Immediately after my knee replacement surgery in February, I spent about 10 weeks in physical therapy.  It was extremely painful and time consuming but apparently I did a good job because on my first visit back to the surgeon he was extremely happy to see how well I was doing.  After the initial euphoria, however, I developed some aches around the knee which are a bit stubborn.  I'm still doing PT on my own, and trying to do at least 30 minutes each day on my recumbent bike.

Truth is, the OTHER knee has been bothering me more than the repaired knee!  I will have to have that one replaced as well, most likely in the fall.  I hate to wait that long but the surgeon says I have to be completely healed from the first surgery before we can do another one.  Here's the story of my life:

I haven't been entirely lazy though.  Other medical problems that have developed among my siblings and family members have concerned me somewhat lately.  More on that later.

Most of my time, however, has been taken up with a project that has been waiting for me to get to it for about four years:  Genealogical albums containing photos, papers, stories, etc., from my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles, siblings, and cousins.  More about that later too. 

I'm trying hard to get back into the groove of posting here as well as paying more attention to my Etsy shops which have suffered some benign neglect during this time as well. 

And oh - one more thing that caused the last few months to be a little problematic.  Like the rest of the country, Michigan just suffered through a brutal winter during which we surpassed the ALL-TIME snowfall record for the metro Detroit area.  We still haven't had much of any spring weather yet, and I don't know how much of my garden managed to survive.  Needless to say, the weather has given us all a touch of seasonal affective disorder - so depressing to have so many dreary days on end!

Hope you are all doing well and that the weather - and your mood - is better than mine! I'll be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails