Saturday, January 4, 2014

No Resolutions This Year



I'm hunkering down tonight along with most of the country, waiting for more snow - possibly thundersnow - and bitter cold for the next few days.  It's quite a start to the new year, yes?

The isolation is giving me some time to think.  I haven't made any formal resolutions this year.  The last few months have been difficult for me in terms of my creativity and productivity.  I guess you would say it was a case of burnout.  I was tired of feeling like, "gotta do this," "gotta do that."  Every morning as soon as I woke up my brain was immediately filled with everything I had to do that day. I had been going through the motions, but my heart wasn't it. I needed to let go of some of that pressure, so I backed off a bit from worrying about my etsy shops, my business Facebook page, and most of all, this blog.  You could probably tell that from the lack of regular posts from me lately.  And that's why I didn't make any resolutions - I didn't want any more "gotta do that."

Another thing that has worked on my mood is that I will be facing knee replacement surgery the first week of February.  The thought of having that surgery brought me down for a bit.  Having gone through five back surgeries over the years with their attendant long recuperations, most recently in 2011, I have had my fill, that's for sure.  I'm certainly not looking forward to going through that again.  Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice, since what I hate even more is having my life and movements restricted because of pain. 

I'm easing slowly into this new year, uncertain of how creative or productive I'm going to be in the next few weeks.  There's much to be done to get my house in order and to prepare for the surgery and recuperation.  Unfortunately, because I have been through it before, I know what needs to be done.

If you're in the storm zone the next few days, take care and stay warm.  That's what I'll be doing!    


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails