Friday, June 14, 2013

Everything I Own is Vintage! (Almost)

One of the most unsettling things about getting older is that so many of my long-time possessions are now considered "vintage" - older than 20 years.  My sister, five years older, is in the same boat.  The upside is that some of these items increase in value over the years.  I'm still in a purging mood in my house, and my sister moved into an independent living facility last year and had to do a major purge.  So ... my days lately have been a continuous round of posting on Ebay, Craigslist, and Etsy. 

Here's some of what's on etsy:

Lead Crystal Candy Dish

Santa Napkin/Mail Holder

Steiff Pewter Jefferson Cup Souvenir

Christmas Votive Candle Holders

ON EBAY:

Remember these?  This one has not sold yet.

Vintage Large Ceramic Christmas Tree
 This one has sold.
Vintage Ceramic Christmas Tree
 Just listed last night:
Glassmasters Stained Glass Suncatcher
Not sold yet:
Vintage 1960s Armitale Plate with Greek Key Design - Columbia Company
I hope I sell it all, because if I don't, I'll just bring it back into the house and put it away.  Which defeats the purpose of purging, doesn't it!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails