Thursday, May 16, 2013

Garage Sale Days

I have been buried for the last few weeks going through my condo from bottom to top, trying to be ruthless in pulling out stuff for a block sale I'll be participating in this Saturday.  The association rules at my condo prevent me from having garage sales, so I have to horn in on other friends' sales.  Fortunately, my artist friend Marsha and I are on the same page these days - purge, purge, purge.  I was doing well until I got to my studio.  I have so much trouble overcoming the "I can do something with that" syndrome.  As I put it, I'm suffering separation anxiety with all those bits and pieces and doodads and half-finished projects.  This is going to be a long process ...

Nevertheless, I have found some nice pretties for the sale, especially these Mad Men inspired items.  Although I'm only a casual viewer, I do relate to the Mad Men series because (age spoiler here) I worked at an ad agency during the exact time frame that the series started ( I was only 10!).  And I have a few legitimately vintage '60s pieces that could have been used as props for the show.






I also collect tins.  I have only a few that are REALLY old, but I have owned most of them from the '60s through the '80s. I'm suffering a little bit of separation anxiety here too - I pulled a few back from the sale that I don't think I can part with.  But here's a few that will be in the sale. 





I also have a considerable collection of baskets, so I took a few and brightened them for the sale. (I'm not parting with my Longaberger baskets, though.)


That's only a small sampling I have for the sale.  I may just have TOO much - I have to remember that I have to pack this all up in my car and then unpack it and set it up! 

I hope it's all worth it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails