Thursday, April 11, 2013

Vintage Style Tea Light Blocks

I'm working on some new tea light blocks, hoping they'll be accepted into a local gift shop filled with  cool handmade work by local artists.  I have created these tea light blocks for Christmas before but wanted to create some for year-round use.

Here's the first three new blocks.


This one, Love Letters, combines vintage clip art with snippets of  actual love letters that a couple wrote to each other in the 1930s before they were married.  Let's just say the couple were relatives of mine.  :)

 This block incorporates drawings of vintage French objects, all having to do with babies and children.  I love these drawings!
I created the art for this alphabet block myself, incorporating a background with a vintage style type face.

 

I'm pleased with how these are turning out. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails