Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wonderland Overnight

I'll usually tell anyone who will listen that I don't like winter.  I'm really a warm weather gal - spring, summer, fall - although fall starts to get a little iffy for me because I know winter is coming. I know the middle of the country is getting slammed with destructive weather again and my heart goes out to everyone struggling with it.  But the snowfall we received here in Southeastern Michigan last night is the kind of snow that takes your breath away with its beauty.  It's a heavy wet snow that deposits a lovely coating over everything.  I love it from my artist's perspective.

I don't love it enough to jump out of bed and run outside with my camera, but I did take a few shots out of my upstairs studio window as soon as I woke up.  I'm sure I'll take more photos outdoors later before the snow starts melting away - after a few cups of coffee - but for now here's a look at winter's beauty. 

 

We only have this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...
and melting like a snowflake.  Let us use it before it is too late. 
~ Marie Beynon Ray 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails