Thursday, February 28, 2013

Searching for Images

 One of my blog posts, Safe Kitchen Knife Storage, went mini-viral recently.  I say "mini" because it didn't get a million hits or anything, more like about 5,000.  But I was curious to find out where it had gone beyond the obvious, my blog and Pinterest. 

That's when I learned about a cool way to use Google Search for images. You may already know about this, but it was new to me and I have used it quite a few times already.  Here's the steps:

  • Go to the Google search page
  • Click on "images" in upper left
  • Click and drag one of your images to the Google page into the window that appears
  • A list then appears with any sites that posted your image, just like the regular Google search results:


 
 Isn't that great??  I had four pages of results. Fortunately, I only found one site that did not add my blog link so I dropped them a nice note and asked them to please add source information when they post anything from the internet. 

I think this would come in handy if you want to see if your art is appearing somewhere without attribution.  Did you already know about this great search feature?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails