Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Foggy Days in My Town

We have had some crazy up and down weather here in Michigan recently.  Although we have managed to escape many of the extreme snow and other weird weather episodes, we have had quite a few foggy mornings. When that happens I can't resist stopping to take a few photos.

Before I go any further, let me say that I am not a Photoshop expert.  I'm still learning every day but I'm convinced there's not a single person on this earth who knows everything that Photoshop can do.  It seems so infinite to me!  That being said, I thought I would show you how I sometimes enhance my photos with texture overlays.  The ones I used on these photos are from the Summer Painterly Pack from Flypaper Textures.  I know many photographers use multiple layers to create effects, but since I didn't have a lot of time I wanted to work quickly, so there's only one texture layer on each photo, with some blending and  opacity adjustments. A few of these were taken right outside my door and in my own little condo complex.  I like some of these photos better than others.  What do you think? 

Before:

After:
Before:
After: 

Before:


After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails