Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Crafty (Funny) Story





See that? Not a pretty sight.  It's my latest klutz accident with an Xacto knife, of which there have been many over the years! 

I was finishing up my Christmas cards when I literally sliced a 1/4" piece of my finger off.  Right off!  And it was pretty deep - bled like crazy and hurt like crazy for a while.  When I changed the bandage the next day I noticed that the tip of my finger was blue.  Is that what blood poisoning or gangrene looks like?? I don't know ...

So yesterday I decided I should have a doctor look at it just in case. Luckily for me there's a small emergency walk-in clinic very close to me.  After a tetanus shot and a prescription antibiotic, I asked the doc why my finger was blue.  He took a very close look at it ... WAIT FOR IT ... it's not gangrene, it's not blood poisoning ... it's rubber stamp ink from my Christmas cards!!!

The doc, the nurse and I had a good laugh about that!  The nurse then cleaned up my finger, bandaged it up and sent me on my way.

What a klutz I am ... and sometimes ditzy to boot at times.  See that dark spot on my thumbnail? That's a wound under my nail from a few weeks ago when I pinched my thumb while setting up for a show.  Yes, klutzy.

This is not the time of year to be working with a handicap, is it?  And I'm sure all you artists and crafters out there can relate to that!

Happy crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails