Monday, July 16, 2012

Zen Walk - Look for the Small

There's a small pond a short walk from where I live, in the middle of a residential/small business area. Other than the trimmed grass surrounding it, it looks as if the wildflowers and grasses around and in the pond are left to grow naturally without much interference.



It's sometimes easy for me to take quick notice and pass by, busy with getting my morning exercise in. But when I stop, take a breath and look closely, I find tiny delights that nature gives us without asking for our help.  And I remind myself that exercise may be good for the body, but a quiet morning's meditation is good for the soul. 

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.  
~ Immanuel Kant


 

 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails