Thursday, July 12, 2012

You're Never Too Old ...

... to play with blocks!

I wrote recently about the recycled "affirmations" blocks that I created for the Traveling Artists Road Show. 

I'm adding to my collection for the next show with some new blocks.  Here's the daisy series - the same daisy image layered with other textures and shapes I created for different effects.



The blocks were first painted and the daisy photos glued on both sides, with strips of the layered effects attached to the block sides.  The edges of the photos were then stippled with paint.  The overall result is a painterly effect.



These square blocks are simpler, with floral photos on each side and a photo and quote on the top of the block.



Here's a couple "county fair" blocks:







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails