Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting Ready - Traveling Artists Road Show

Busy days!  Getting ready for the next Traveling Artists Road Show this coming Saturday.  I tend to get a little frantic in the last few days before the show.  I don't know why - I have more work available than I can actually display.  Making the yes/no decisions is tough!

My life is a little more complicated lately because I'm going to physical therapy 3 days a week.  The prescription was for tendinitis in my left shoulder, but I have had a recurrence of de Quervain's tendinitis in my left wrist.  And, oh yeah, I'm losing cartilage in both knees.  So the therapist is helping me out with all of those.  I never thought that once I got my back fixed the rest of me would fall apart! Golden years?? Bah!!

Anyway, back to the Traveling Artists Road Show.  I'll pretty much be showing the same products from the last show and adding a few new pieces.  Here's some pix from our June show.





I wasn't entirely happy with my display pieces but it was my first show.  I'll be trying some new displays for Saturday's show so I'll let you know how they work out.

Here's some of the new pieces I'll be showing. I printed one of my favorite photos larger (9x14") and mounted on a recycled board (13x16") that I painted and distressed to simulate the the background photo treatment.  I used two small pieces of a branch attached with twine to create the hanger.  I like the effect; I'm going to do more of these when I find time, but probably not in time for Saturday!





In my never-ending quest to use up supplies I already have, I created these fun canvases.  They range in size from 5x7" to 10" square.  I acquired the canvases in one of our artist swaps and a box full of  cardboard letters in a garage sale.  Add a little paint and some glitter ... and here you are!





Wish me luck for my second art show!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails