Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gettin' Ready - Traveling Artists Roadshow

I have been insanely busy the last few weeks getting ready for the inaugural Traveling Artists Roadshow, a newly formed group of local artists here in southeastern Michigan.  Rather than participating in the larger (and expensive) art shows, we decided to put together our own group shows for a more intimate and personal experience for both the buyers and the artists.  We'll be using different venues in the metro area - private homes, church lots, whoever will have us!  Our first show - and MY first show in a long time - is scheduled for Saturday, June 9, in Royal Oak, MI.

I'll be showing a lot of my digital photographs, cards and digital collages as seen on Etsy, but I'm also creating some new work.  I'll be featuring my new work over the next few weeks, as well as work from the other artists who will be exhibiting on June 9.

As you probably know if you've been here before, I like to recycle and upcycle whenever I can.  I still had some square wood pieces left over from other projects so I cut, painted and distressed these wood strips, then added vinyl cut "affirmations" on both sides.  The blocks can be put together in endless combinations for daily inspirations.  Here's a few examples:








Aren't they fun??  I've been coming up with so many different combinations and if I hadn't run out of time I would have made more. I have a long list of more word affirmations that I haven't used yet!

Stay tuned and stop by again - I'll be featuring more work and more artists. And if you're in the metro Detroit area, put the date on your calendar! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails