Friday, February 17, 2012

Sometimes the simplest things ...

See those "Connect" icons over there in the right column? ------------------------------------------>>>>>>>
I probably spent about 20 hours trying to get that put together!  What you see is not what I started with, though. I tried doing some custom artwork along with the icons but creating those and then trying to get them linked up correctly with the html code was quite the learning curve for me.  I finally gave up on the custom work and used these standard icons I found on the internet.  At least I was able to customize the colors.

I'm disappointed because I so wanted to have cute icons like so many other sites, such as on the Showcase Sisters site. Sheila from Showcase Sisters was kind enough to give me some instructions on how to create the icons.  I also borrowed from this post at A Nest for All Seasons: http://anestforallseasons.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-make-custom-bar-of-social.html


Maybe I'll try again some day but for now these will have to do. I just don't have any more time to devote to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails