Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinterest Cures Hoarding!!

Did that get your attention?  Are you on Pinterest? Have you heard of Pinterest? NO? Are you living in an underground bunker with no phone, TV, internet? 

Here's how they describe themselves:
Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.

Pinterest is just exploding lately.  Here's a recent article about its climb up the referral traffic ladder.  I also read somewhere that Pinterest now gets more traffic than Etsy, but I can't find a reference for you right now. Of course, familiarity breeds contempt, as the old saying goes. Some people are starting to get worked up about the ability of people to pin anything they see on Pinterest. I'm not getting into that. I'm trying to follow Pinterest Etiquette, and always link back to the original source, giving credit where credit is due. I try not to pin anything that doesn't link back - it's only right to give kudos to the creator.

Here's why I like Pinterest.  I hope it will eventually turn THIS:


Into THIS:


No more clipping, downloading, printing stuff I want to refer to, especially craft tutorials. I would be ever so happy to clear out two shelves in my studio!! 

If you aren't already on Pinterest and you're curious, go here and click on "request an invite." You'll get accepted and then you can browse and pin to your heart's content.  (Make sure you read the Pinterest Etiquette post.) Don't say I didn't warn you that it is definitely addicting.

If you would like to follow my boards and pins, go here.  Happy pinning!



2 comments:

  1. haha - me too! Good luck with that :) Now I just need a virtual maid...and cook... and nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree - I've been a "clipper" for years, literally. I'm now a fellow Pinterest junkie...

    Also, Felicia, just a quick note to tell you I’ve nominated you for a “Versatile Blog Award”!

    Don’t know what that means? Well, neither did I when I received this award last week from a fellow blogger named Isobel (http://coldhamcuddliescalling.blogspot.com/) in Warminster, Wiltshire, United Kingdom. I, of course, wanted to know more, so I did some research. I found a website that helped a lot. I also began to notice, as I surfed around, the “Versatile Blog Award” button on some blogs I was visiting. Visit my blog to see the announcement of your blog as a recipient of this award.

    Why you, you may ask? Just because, I say! Because your blog caught my attention and inspired me in some fashion. It might have been the way you write, the great photos you take, or the fact that you motivate me to act, to be. Perhaps it was the look and feel of your blog overall. Maybe because you seemed genuine in some way, not self-serving, and not necessarily writing to accumulate “followers”, but rather with passion. Whatever my reason, a good chance for me to say “thanks” for delighting me through your blog!

    Your writing style so appeals to me - so "real". Always a fun visit. Karen

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails