Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Moanin' Go for Broke


Last week's Monday Moanin' was about getting a quote of $300 to replace the handle on a perfectly good microwave.  No way no how am I paying that for a handle.

I suppose it won't be long before I will have to replace the microwave, but in the meantime I figured it wouldn't hurt to try my own DIY repair.  Off to the hardware store for the strongest glue for plastics I could find.  The clerk helped me out after I made him promise he wouldn't tell me to throw it out and buy a new one.  We settled on a product supposedly made for plastic and supposedly something like 2300 psi strong. 

The strip at the bottom of the door was also loose, so I'm trying to fix both. It looks like a Rube Goldberg device or a MacGyver repair, except that I didn't use duct tape.  At least NOT YET.  Here's where it's at right now:


When it's dry I'm also going to put some sort of memory cue on the handle to remind me to be careful with it and not yank it like I apparently did before.  Maybe something like "be gentle" or "don't be a grab a$$.   HA!

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails