Saturday, February 11, 2012

Found While Looking for Something Else

In the kitchen. Top shelf. Looking for something else.  That's when I found these little snack containers on a turntable that I acquired when my aunt passed away.  I thought I could use this, either for party snacks or perhaps in my studio for supplies. But the old Harvest Gold color had to go.  Spray paint here we come!




Usually I subscribe to this theory:


"If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried."

But I guess I'm feeling honest today.  I managed to spray paint the containers in a color I like.  So far so good. 


Then I decided it would be cool to use blackboard chalk on the tops so I could label the contents.  

FAIL.

It was the first time I had used chalkboard paint and it seemed awfully thick and lumpy.  Dumb me - I thought that was how it was supposed to be and the surface would even out when it dried.  It didn't. Even worse, when I used chalk to try and condition it, the paint started scraping off. 


It's water based, so maybe I was supposed to thin it a little.  Is that what I'm supposed to do, all you chalkboard paint experts out there?  

I don't like when this happens because I hate going back and trying to fix something I screwed up.  It just loses all its attraction for me.  I don't know what I will do.  It might end up as a donation to the thrift store - or not.  

Maybe I'll just sleep on it.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  I get some of my best ideas when I'm half asleep!  

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails