Monday, February 20, 2012

Clothespin Color Samples

I have often seen tutorials for gluing pretty papers or paint swatch cards on to clothespins.  It put a thought in my brain to use this idea to solve a problem I have - I keep losing my paint swatch cards!  I don't know why - I'm usually a "place for everything and everything in its place" kind of person. But I just keep losing track of those darn sample cards!  So I took some time today to do this.

I glued the color swatch and the color name/number to one side of the clothespin. On the back side I indicated the room and paint brand, along with a magnet piece left over from another project.  I added some buttons just for fun. 

These will go up on my fridge so I never lose them again. And when I want to have the color with me when I shop for accessories I can just grab the clothespin and go.  This will work.  That is ... until I decide to repaint and change everything!



 




5 comments:

  1. If only I could put all the things I lose on clothespins! What a good idea. And I bet you get a lot of use out of them on your fridge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! Saw this link on Sugar Bee- I love this idea...I'm always second guessing whether something is going to match!
    -Melissa
    PS- I'm hosting a linky party too, if you'd like to link up: http://serendipityandspice.blogspot.com/2012/02/manic-monday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius!! I just love this idea and it was the most popular idea on Strictly Homemade Tuesday too!! Thank you so much for linking up and stop by and grab a feature button because you have been featured today as well as I am pinning this on Pintrest!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails