Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Safe Kitchen Knife Storage

I don't know whether to call this a "tip" or a "tutorial" so I guess I'll just call it a "tip-torial."  (Sorry  - I must be giddy from the 50+ degree weather we're having today!)

At times I can be a bit of a klutz around sharp objects.  I've lost count of the little scars on my hands from X-acto knives, razor blades or sewing machine needles.  Yes, sewing machine needles. Don't ask me how I managed to do it but I once stitched right through the tip of my index finger and nail.  But I digress ...

Anyway, considering all that, keeping my knives loose in a kitchen drawer would simply not work.  Years ago I saw this tip in a magazine somewhere and have used it ever since.  It started with an empty glass container like this:

And a whole bunch of these:

And I have a nice safe place for my knife storage:


Up until a few days ago, it was just the plain glass container and the bamboo sticks.  But I decided it needed to be prettied up a little.  I simply used spray paint (Krylon Catalina Mist), some scrapbook paper and some ribbon trim and glued it on.  I may also give it a layer of Mod Podge since it will be on the kitchen counter.


 I didn't stop there. I used more paper on my steak knife holder and a can from nut snacks.


Just a little something to brighten up my kitchen a little. And save my fingers.  A tip-torial!


5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that idea with bamboo skewers. I've always been stumped when it comes to safely storing some random knives I have, and I think I'll give this a try! Love how you dolled it up with cute paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Felicia, that is kool. Your idea is really helped the mom for protecting their kids from the sharp knife of the kitchen. This is really a nice post. And I must appreciate that this house-hold stuffs can be made at home itself. Thanks for sharing mate. :) Local Desert Hot Springs Real Estate Agent

    ReplyDelete
  3. knifesharpThe information you have given in the blog really marvelous and more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s really very informative that I wanted ever, thanks for this. electric can opener

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails