Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving and Contemplation

November. The month of falling temperatures and brooding skies. The month of Thanksgiving.  Most of us take time now to snuggle down and think about what we are thankful for in our lives.  I find myself contemplating, at odd times of day, about all that I'm thankful for in my life. 

I have written before about being most grateful for that wonderful surgeon who put my wounded spine back together, giving me new energy and new life. 

I'm always grateful for my large, boisterous, never-a-dull-moment extended family. 

I'm grateful that friends and family often come to me for advice or help when they need it.


I'm grateful for whatever artistic talent I have. 

I'm grateful that I have an insatiable curiosity to know. As much as I can. Everything.

And I'm grateful for all of you that I have "met" online (and sometimes in person) through this blog and through my online shops.

What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?

Here's some thoughts and images for contemplation.




A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand.  I think, I too, have known autumn too long.  ~e.e. cummings


   This day and your life ... are God's gift to you, so give thanks and be joyful always!   - Anon

 

For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.  For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.  ~Edwin Way Teale



Whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart. 
-Sarah Ban Breathnach


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails