Friday, November 11, 2011

"Awe-Full" Fall Color

I don't know whether the fall color in my neck of the woods is especially spectacular this year, or whether I'm just paying more attention.  But I have experienced several breath-taking moments as I walked or drove through the neighborhoods this fall.

I don't even have to go very far - the trees in my very small condo complex are stunning.  Even though it's cold and windy this morning I had to go out and take some photos of this Bradford Pear tree.  I always love its burgundy fall color, but I don't remember it ever having all these colors AT ONE TIME!!

 Isn't it gorgeous??

 Here's a closeup of the various colors, from deep burgundy to red, to pink, to orange, to yellow. 

Right about now you're thinking, that's a pretty funny shaped tree, isn't it? Yes, you're seeing right. Here's the view from the other side.  Unfortunately, this tree lost a huge branch in one of our heavy storms earlier this year.  I could almost cry when I see this happen.


Flawed, but still beautiful, still surviving.  Love it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...it is gorgeous! It is like it is singing in spite of it's injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just saying the same thing this morning! As I doing my zenwalk, I noticed how beauty FALL is!

    What gorgeous colors! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photographs of the tress changing color, I can't get enough of it.

    -Kim

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails