Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fashion, Photography and Jeanie and Me

Last night I attended a fashion show.  Those of you who know me might find that surprising because I am so NOT a fashion person, except for religiously watching Project Runway.  But I had good reasons for attending. It took place in one of my favorite stores, Leon & Lulu, an absolutely delightful eclectic shop filled to the brim with upscale and upcycled furniture, unique art, gifts and accessories.   Located in a former historic roller rink, the store's decor incorporates memorabilia and tributes to the building's former life. A couple of the younger sales people even skate around the shop on roller skates!

Another reason for attending was to meet up with one of my newest friends, Etsy seller, fantastic photographer, new neighbor, and all-around-fun-friendly person, Jean Lannen, known as theotherjeanie on Etsy.

It didn't occur to me to take my camera, but Jean certainly did.  She posted some of the  photographs on her blog here.  And here's how I know she is a great photographer: she took a picture of me - my chubby cheeks and all - that doesn't suck! (I can count photos of myself that I like on one hand.)


Now - here's what we call a "TEASE." You're going to hear a lot more about Jean on my blog right here, very very soon.  I am so excited to tell you about how we met, what we have in common, what great work she does .... ok, that's enough for now. Stay tuned!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails