Saturday, August 27, 2011

That Crazed Sunflower!

This week's theme at Inspiration Avenue is "Sunflower." I'm very late with my submission, maybe too late, but I just had to get my sunflower wood plaque in. 

A few weeks ago while visiting my niece, her daughters ran in and grabbed me and my camera out to the garden to get a photo of this sunflower ablaze with the sun behind it. 

I'm putting it on a wood plaque with this quote, which I think fits perfectly. I still have some finishing to do on this, but I'm pleased so far.  Not so pleased though with the photos of the plaque itself.  But I'll have to try again tomorrow.  No more energy left tonight!


9 comments:

  1. I love this unusual treatment of a photo - what a great idea to make a plaque! And what a great photo to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the blue and black, this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the background to your flower, and what a GREAT idea to make a plaque with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous take on Sunflowers!
    Very nice submission and clever way to display your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This plaque is super with the perfect quote. I like the photo of the sunflower you used. It shows the beauty of the sunflower with the sun behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully sunny - great display idea for such a pretty photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photograph is stunning...great idea to make a gorgeous plaque!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. I must admit that this photograph is right up there with one of my own personal favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning photo, and I love what you do with the wood panel. I think that is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails