Friday, May 27, 2011

Creative Challenges

The themes this week for two creative challenges I try to participate in were right up my alley, so to speak.  It's no secret I love flowers and I have been experimenting with some of my photos using different visual effects.  This first set of photos was submitted to Thursday Sweet Treat for the theme "beauty."






The second creative challenge is "purple and green" from the Inspiration Avenue Team. The theme was selected by my online friend, Stephanie Mealor Corder, who loves flowers as much as I do! If you don't believe me, check out her beautiful floral paintings here.  Her choice of theme is perfect for this time of year, when spring is off and running.  I could have listed twice as many photos, but these will do for now.  Enjoy!





9 comments:

  1. gorgeous! Do you grow these beauties as well as shoot them? By the way, how are you feeling, my friend? On the mend I hope :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I too want to know if these are all from your garden and if so, double WOW! VERY inspiring!
    Hugs to you!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Steph and Stacey,
    Thanks for your comments! Most of these are from my garden, but not necessarily this year. Some of the photos are from previous years. I confess, the green pom poms and the tulips are my next door neighbor's. She's used to me popping over to take pix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful! You catch the flowers in all their beauty and fragility. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what gorgeous flowers. Nature at her finest. Your photographic skill adds the final magic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I can tell you really DO love flowers. I am in awe of your photos and green and purple (from the IA challenge) was never more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photographs are so good, I think I can smell the flowers ☺
    especially the lilacs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful and colorful images!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails