Saturday, January 29, 2011

Inspiration Avenue: Broken Pieces

I have been so crazy busy I haven't been able to submit anything for Inspiration Avenue's weekly challenge for quite a while, and feeling mighty guilty about it too.  The challenge this week is "broken pieces." So that inspired me to play with some images and photographic effects.

Can you tell what I used for these photographs?  The different effects are subtle, but would love to know what you think of them and which image(s) you prefer - the peach, pink, red or white. You might help me decide whether I should list some of these.  I'll tell you what I did at the end.






Can you guess what I used?  OK, I'll tell ... I used ....






real flowers ...







submerged in water ...







in this vase!  Cool, huh!?








7 comments:

  1. WOW cool pieces of art here. Very creative!!!! Good to see you back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! I guess you could take a photo of the empty vase and use it as a texture too - the perfect crackle effect without the mess!! I love the rose one the best I think. They really are pretty. Would make lovely cards - esp for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! The colors are amazing, the entire composition is wonderful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the peachy colors in the first one. It looks like a sheet of shattered glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I love the Peach one is my favorite with the different hues of color and the drop of water. It is very beautiful...it would make a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingenious! Wow...what a great idea and really good photography. I do like the peachy one alot, but the red rose has to be my fave.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all lovely, but I have to say the first and last are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails