Friday, October 1, 2010

October Charades Contest


 NOTE: As of Tuesday, 10/5, no one has guessed all nine movies correctly yet. 

It's October. The countdown toward Halloween.  Screams and blood and skeletons and zombies.  Tombstones and witches and Dracula and Freddy.  Oh yeah .... scary movies

How it works: This one is a little more challenging, I think. Each photo below stands by itself to represent a movie from the top ten movies of every decade from the 1920s to the 2000s.

The rules: Guess the EXACT movie titles for each one.

The prizes: The first person to correctly guess all nine movies and a second winner selected by random number generator from all comments submitted will receive a $20 gift certificate to my shop - www.etsy.com/shop/anotherbrightidea.


Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing up to four times: (1) Take your guesses in one comment (only one guess entry per person), (2) In a separate comment, tell me your favorite image from one or more of these shops, (3) In a separate comment, tell me you signed up to follow this blog (or that you already follow), (4) In a separate comment, tell me you became a fan of (or that you are already following) my facebook page: www.facebook.com/anotherbrightidea. (More than four comments from the same person will not be counted.)

This contest will run until noon on Friday, October 8.   I'll announce the winners later that day.

Category:










Time Frame:  From 1920 to 2010.

#1 - 1920s

Paris Opera House Clock by shoponalark





#2 - 1930s
 


#3 - 1940s


#4 - 1950s

#5 - 1960s


#6 - 1970s 

#7 - 1980s

#8 - 1990s

  Art Print- Vintage Photo of Screaming Woman by paperandprint

 

#9 - 2000s 

 House Rat by CrystalAyala

26 comments:

  1. What a great contest! Too early in the morning to solve this mystery now. I'll have to come back when the cob webs have cleared in my brain!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool contest!
    Here are my guesses:
    1920--Phantom of the Opera
    1930--Dracula
    1940--The Sea Hawk
    1950--The House on Haunted Hill
    1960--The Birds
    1970--Pea Soup
    1980--Nightmare on ELm Street
    1990--Scream
    2000--Willard

    pippirose59 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my guesses

    #1 Phantom of the Opera
    #2 Dracula
    #3 Dark Waters
    #4 House on Haunted Hill
    #5 The Birds
    #6 The Exorcist
    #7 A Nightmare on Elm Street
    #8 Scream
    #9 I am Legend

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20 - Phantom of the Opera
    30- Dracula
    40 - Dark Waters
    50 - House on Haunted Hill
    60 - The Birds
    70 - The Devil's Rain
    80 - Hell Night
    90 - Scream
    2000s - Willard

    sentmyway-at-gmail-dot-com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a challenge!
    20's: Phantom of the Opera
    30's: Dracula
    40's: Mutiny on the Bounty
    50's: Sunset Boulevard
    60's: Lawrence of Arabia
    70's: Jaws
    80's: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
    90's: Scream
    2000: Ratatouille

    jhbalvin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey everyone, be sure to add extra comments here if you signed up to follow my blog and/or Facebook! Even if you don't guess the correct movies I will do a second random drawing for a winner so you just might win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower via GFC.
    pippirose59 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I "like" you on FB (under my name, Piroska).
    pippirose59 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My fave image is the Pea Soup Drops Original Watercolor ACEO by Squier.
    jhbalvin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. and I am following you on gfc as jhb.
    jhbalvin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun contest - thanks for doing this giveaway!!

    My guesses:

    #1: The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
    #2: Dracula (1931)
    #3: The Ghost Ship (1943)
    #4: House on Haunted Hill (1959)
    #5: The Birds (1963)
    #6: The Exorcist (1973)
    #7: Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    #8: Scream (1996)
    #9: Willard (2003)

    ~ randomonymous(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a new follower of your blog thru GFC!
    ~ randomonymous(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I think Sloopcreek's Vampire Bite Choker Necklace design is a really cool concept, but my favorite of the images is littlebluebirdstudios's Vintage Dictionary Print, particularly with the antique typewriter print found in their Etsy shop! Very cool!
    Thanks again for the giveaway opportunity, Felicia!
    ~ randomonymous(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1: The Phantom of the Opera
    2: Dracula
    3: The Ghost Ship
    4: House on Haunted Hill
    5: The Birds
    6: Pea Soup
    7: a Nightmare on Elm Street
    8: Scream
    9: Willard

    Thanks! So much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. And I already follow another bright idea blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun!
    1.Phantom of the Opera
    2Dracula
    3Sea Hawk
    4House onHaunted Hill
    5.The Birds
    6The Exorcist
    7Nightmare On Elm Street
    8Scream
    9Ratatouille

    Thanks:)

    cyclona66(At) Aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed finding new shops to check out!!
    I think the Eerie Mansion is awesome:)

    cyclona66(At) aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am following your blog..Thanks Felicia!!

    cyclona66(At) Aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. My guesses are:

    1. Phantom of the Opera
    2. Dracula
    3. The Ghost Ship
    4. House on Haunted Hill
    5. The Birds
    6. The Exorcist
    7. A Nightmare on Elm Street
    8. Scream
    9. Willard

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm following via GFC as Jasmine1485

    kate1485 at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a fan on Facebook (Kate Ryan)

    Kate1485 at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. guess i no longer have a chance to win the charade. =D
    favorite image from honeytree is summer field.
    khrisocubillo at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. following blog via gfc as khrista porcadilla
    thanks for the giveaway!
    khrisocubillo at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fellow rover - there is no winner yet. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails