Thursday, October 21, 2010

Is this Another Bright Idea?

An idea has been kicking around in my brain lately.  I can't decide if it's a bright idea ... or harebrained idiocy destined only to add more work to an already full schedule with no appreciable positive results in the end.

I'm debating whether I should open another etsy shop and separate my offerings. I worry that my shop is confusing and cluttered the way it is. So if I split up, my original shop would contain only:




- digital collage prints









 
 


- photographs













 - ACEOs







  



- greeting cards, note cards

 









The new shop would have everything else:




Home Decor
















Upcycle, Recycle, Destash





 





 Holiday Decor














And quite a few other ideas that I have put off working on because I didn't want to overload or confuse visitors to my shop. 

So what do you think? Is my shop too cluttered and mixed up the way it is?  What do you think are the advantages of splitting the shop? The disadvantages?  I really would like some opinions, please.  I'm very fragile not too sensitive so don't be afraid to be honest. Honest!

4 comments:

  1. I think you might be on to something- the only concern I'd have is whether or not you have time to maintain two shops (I know *I* don't:))
    You might also want to look around for a team that would be a good fit for your more crafty items. VAST is excellent for the art and if you could find something comparable for your other work, I think you would be golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steph. I'm starting to lean toward the split, but I just worry about the time it will take just to set it up. I have to think a little more about the extra time, as you say. Good idea about teams - I'm a little topped out on the teams I belong to now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of two shops, too, but share Stephanie's concern over the time involved in maintaining and promoting two shops. I love your work Felicia...so varied and I always find something new to enjoy.
    Warm regards, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for weighing in, Susan. We just need about 8 more hours in a day, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails