Thursday, September 30, 2010

Roses for my Mother and Breast Cancer Awareness Month

If you've been here before you know I especially love FLOWERS. And I especially love ROSES. And I especially love PINK roses.  So in October every year for Breast Cancer Awareness month, my thought process goes like this: breast cancer month = memories of my mother = pink = roses. It's all tied up together for me.  My mother passed away many years ago from breast cancer and I have written before that her illness was a life saver for at least one of her five daughters.  Because we are all diligent about annual mammograms, one sister's breast cancer was located very early and she is doing just great more than five years later. Besides the family history, I fall into several other high risk categories, so I take special care to be checked regularly.  It's all very personal for me.

I just posted the following photos and, as I did last year, I will donate 10% of the sale of any of these prints during the month of October to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure.  I think one of these prints would be a lovely gift to honor a survivor or someone currently going through cancer treatment.

To borrow a line from an old movie: my mother thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you!

A Rose After the Rain

Pink Blush


A Single Rose

Roses for My Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails