Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Calendars, But Not New to Calendars. HUH?

Whut?? Let me explain ... I recently posted two 2011 calendars in my Etsy shop.  It's the first time I have done calendars for sale, but I have been doing calendars every year for my family for, oh, maybe 20 or so years. The family calendars feature family photos, with updated contact information, birthdays and anniversaries, and usually some sort of theme.  This year's calendar was called "Love Letters" and featured photos and letters of my parents from when they met, fell in love, and got married.  It is sweet! I expected that my mother would have been romantic and poetic, but my DAD?? Who knew? How mushy he was!  Wish he was still around so I could tease him about it.  Here's just one page:



Here's the two calendars I posted.  The first one is "Michigan - A celebration of the seasons."  If you know my work at all, you know I'm inspired by nature and the unique beauty of the four seasons.  So I put that together with some prose of my own to try to capture the seasons.  The calendars are small enough to carry with you, and have room for notes at the bottom of each page and extra note pages at the back. I think this would be a wonderful gift for anyone living elsewhere now who grew up in Michigan or the Midwest and misses having four distinct seasons.  Here's a sampling of the pages.


The second is called "Inspirations" and also features my own photos and prose.  Hopefully these provide some food for thought and inspiration. Here's some samples:




Want to get one of these for FREE????  Enter a comment or two or three or four for my September Charades contest and you just might win one!  There's only a few more days left to enter - do it now.

2 comments:

  1. Felicia - these calendars are amazing!!! Good-luck, my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    Good to hear from you. Thanks for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails