Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stuff, Stuff and more Stuff

Yep, I have a lot of it, mostly in my studio. It collects there. Tools of the trade, like two printers, computer,  binding machines, sanders, paper cutters. Supplies - pencils, pens, brushes, paints, matboard, frames, paper of all kinds. So far so good; makes sense.  I am an artist after all.

But the most overwhelming is the "I'm going to do something with this" stuff.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not an obsessive compulsive or a hoarder. Just a saver.  My voluminous stuff is very well organized!  Neatly filed in boxes are precious items like broken silverware, feathers, pieces of wood, doorknobs, handles, keys, beads, ribbons, dried flowers, rocks, vintage playing cards ... it goes on and on ....

Since I wrote about my decision to endure another back surgery next March, I have been making a list of things to do before then.  Having been through several back surgeries already, I know that my recuperation will be excruciatingly long and I will not be able to do anything strenuous for a long while.  So I have to get some big projects out of the way now.

Tops on that to-do list: DO SOMETHING WITH ALL THAT STUFF!  Second on that list: Start saving/making some money to cover the extra expenses that will be incurred with the surgery. So I created a new category in my Etsy shop called "Upcycle, Recycle, Destash."  And I'm having fun creating new products with all the stuff in my studio.   Here's some of what's already listed:

Coasters made from leftover bathroom tiles and my pink rose Lazertran transfers.


A message board/key holder created from wood pieces, cup hooks, and dry erase board left over from various household projects.


Three little houses from more of that left-over wood.


A garage sale find that I never used, a photo album with a frame on the front. I refinished it with sand textured paint and sea shells.

A Salvation Army thrift store buy - new in the box shelves, also refinished with sand textured paint, sea shells and twine.

And this refinished wooden trinket box that has been in my possession for - oh, I don't know - 10 years maybe? LOL! 

Happily, I just sold this Shabby Chic Pink Jewelry Holder!


I have about four more projects in the works. And I want to start putting together some destash packets too. I'm having fun with this recycling project, but I fear I have more stuff than I will ever have time enough to use up. I'm trying, though ....

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful ideas you have, Shall be visiting your etsy shop

    check out my blog
    http://thatgiftidea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails