Monday, May 17, 2010

My Final Aloha Thoughts

So sorry it took me so long to post my final thoughts, but I think it all caught up with me. I slept for about two hours when I got home late Saturday, woke up just to eat, went back to bed and slept 10-1/2 hours! Today was the day to unpack and get acclimated to being home again. It may take me another day yet to re-adjust my internal time clock. Anyway ...

Did I love my Hawaii vacation? Yes ... yes ... yes. After so many years of wishing and wanting, I was not disappointed. I was a tiny bit worried that I had built up my hopes too much, but that turned out not to be the case. If I had a disappointment, it was that I couldn't visit more islands and spend more time in Hawaii.  I'm very grateful to my sister Fran, who put up with my incessant photo-taking everywhere we went, and my "ooh-ooh - let's stop there" interruptions all the time, and who, with good spirits, basically let me decide what we were going to do and where we were going to go.  Thanks, sis.

I'm also so grateful that I had the opportunity to meet all four of my Hawaiian artist friends, Lisa, Schar, Dava and Marionette. I'm humbled to be among these wonderful artists - and to call them my friends.  They were each of them delightful and charming people, and to hear us talk you would have thought we had known each other all our lives!  Thanks, ladies!

I chose a few of my island photos as the giveaway for my May Charades contest. See them here:  http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-charades-contest-special-one.html

But I'm also leaving it open for the winner to select any photo they like from those I posted throughout my trip.  So far there's very few entries for the contest and no one has guessed all the movies yet. So pop on over and enter.  I'm going to leave the contest open for one extra day, until noon Tuesday.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my Hawaii vacation almost as much as I enjoyed doing it!  Aloha and Mahalo!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time and are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to have you and your sis as my friends! Hope you make it back to Hawaii soon. I am going to get to Kauai one day and see Na Pali, no matter what! So glad you had a wonderful time. It really is Paradise, isn't it!!

    ALOHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post, I am regular visitor of this blog, keep on writing these great posts, and I will be a regular visitor for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails