Monday, May 3, 2010

The Countdown ...


I'm down to the wire in getting ready for my trip to Hawaii.  Whenever I pack for a trip, I think of my mother. She always thought of everything when packing. In fact, she probably had everything you might possibly need but never even THOUGHT you might need. Granted, most of our trips were car trips.  I don't know how she would fare today with all the airline restrictions - a set of steak knives in her carry-on would never work ....

I WORRY myself crazy that I'm going to forget something. When I get all worked up, I have to mentally remind myself:  You're not going to Siberia - they have STORES where you're going.  The worst "forget" I remember is many years ago when I traveled for work. I packed a 2-piece suit to wear for the show day. Two days before the show, I sat straight up in bed in the middle of the night: I FORGOT A BLOUSE!  In the morning I had to beg off a few hours of rehearsal to go running around on a Sunday morning in a city where most stores were closed (I said this was many years ago) and I hadn't a clue as to where I was going.  


These days it's not so much the clothes, it's the electronics. Two cameras with extra smart card, battery packs and cables; a PDA with charger; laptop with cables and mouse; external hard drive to hold all those photos I'm going to take; travel printer with cables, ink, paper. Some day soon I may need an intervention to get me off that laptop.

I think I'm ready ...

Don't forget to enter the special Hawaii Charades contest:  http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/05/may-charades-contest-special-one.html

3 comments:

  1. This is SOOOO exciting Felicia!! Have the BEST time please post lots of photos and explore EVERYTHING!! I'm SOO Over the moon for you YAY!! Hugs and love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you have waited such a long time for this. I hope you have the best time ever!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails