Thursday, December 3, 2009

Want to be featured?

I just had  another bright idea! 

(I'm very impulsive sometimes - now you know why I picked the name for my Etsy shop and my blog.)  My beading friend Jodi has correctly guessed everything in my December Charades contest.  You're all just too smart for me! But ... here's my bright idea:



Would you like to be featured here? I've already said how much I love Christmas, and I will be posting some of my family's traditions and memories throughout the month. It seems to be the one holiday filled with heartwarming - or funny - or bittersweet - memories for almost everyone.  So here's what I want you to do:
  • Add your comment to my December Charades contest.
  • Then write up a SHORT paragraph of your favorite Christmas memory, whatever it may be. Keep your submission to one paragraph and send it to me: a-b-i@comcast.net.  If you have an Etsy or other shop, let me know that too.
  • You must add a comment in order to have your story considered.
  • The deadline is the same as for the contest: Friday, December 11.
I'll publish the best memories here very soon after that.  This will be fun - don't procrastinate! 



7 comments:

  1. Oh Felicia,

    I didn't mean to put an end to the Charades. (Hanging my head shamefully.) I just love all those Christmas movies and force my whole family to watch them. I know most of them by heart.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi, I can't think of anybody better to guess correctly! Don't feel bad, because I don't - it happens almost every time that the first person guesses it. The only time that didn't happen was when I made it so tough that NOBODY guessed it!

    Besides, you gave me the idea to have people send me their favorite stories. I think it will be fun. So you have to send me your story about how you tie your family down to watch "It's a Wonderful Life." My nephew is such a fan - he watches it every time it's on and knows all the words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin - That's an application that randomly and automatically provides links to previous posts of mine for my readers. As you'll recall, I used your cow painting as a clue in the October Charades contest and that's why it appears here - it's a link back to that earlier contest. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to send you a story... I LOVE Christmas too... now I just have to figure out which story to share (I have a lot :-) )
    ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, Melanie. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be included in your feature. Just let me know what, when and where!
    Happy Weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails