Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Charades Contest



A Christmas Charades Celebration with a Twist!

How it works: I’m changing the contest up a little for the Christmas season. Instead of one piece of art for each word, each photo below stands by itself to represent a popular classic Christmas movie, song or book. In other words, there’s two books, five movies, two songs.  I'm going to make you work a little harder this time!

The rules: You just need to guess the titles – and make sure they ARE the correct titles - for each one.

The prize: A drawing will be held from all comments submitted. The prize? I created some of the images below just for this contest:  numbers 2, 7, 8, 9.  So I took those four ACEO size (2.5x3.5) images and printed, matted, framed and signed them for an extra special Christmas gift for the winner. (See below.) These images will not be for sale in my shop (at least not this year).   Also: The first person to submit all exactly correct answers, in addition to being in the drawing, will receive another small gift from my shop, perhaps a gift card or an ACEO or some other surprise. Since everyone is so busy this time of year, I'm allowing a couple extra days for responses, and will post the winner on  FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11.

Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing up to three times: (1) Take your guess in one comment, (2) In a separate comment, tell me your favorite image from one or more of these shops, (3) In a separate comment, tell me you signed up to follow my blog. If you are already following, you can post a separate comment to mention that. (More than three comments from the same person will not be counted.) The winner will be selected by random number generator.

Here goes:

What is it:











-1-

Unlisted

-2-


Unlisted

What is it:  













-3-



-4-



-5-


-6-



-7-

Unlisted


What is it:




-8-


Unlisted

-9-

Unlisted



Here's the framed prize:







Have at it!

14 comments:

  1. Boy, you sure did make us work. Here's what I got.

    1. The Night Before Christmas or A Visit from St. Nicholas (We have this book with both titles.)
    2. A Christmas Carol
    3. A Christmas Story
    4. Miracle on 34th Street
    5. Charlie Brown Christmas
    6. Bad Santa
    7. It's a Wonderful Life
    8. Silver Bells
    9. White Christmas

    Always fun. Thanks Felicia.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at you, Jodi! You're right on the money so you will get a special gift from me. Glad to see you here - I know you have been very busy.

    Everyone else - keep posting and tell me all about your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay - here goes!

    1) Twas'the Night Before Christmas
    2)ohhh geeez...I just noticed Jodi's winning post! LOL - I was already wrong at #1...too funny...

    Ok, so my comment is this:
    What a beautiful prize Felicia! So festive and fun...

    My two faves are #4 and #9 - I love B&W photos and this one is nostalgic and wonderful...The winter snow scene is grand, as well, and brings back fond memories of my Aunt Carole's big house on the hill in Pennsylvania where we spent a Christmas cutting our own tree and opening gifts by the roaring fire(for a girl who was born and raised in S. Florida, it was the most perfect Christmas EVER!) :D God bless....Dava
    p.s.: e-mailed ya a fave Christmas memory ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to worry, Dava. You're still in the drawing for the big prize because you commented. Thanks for the Christmas memory story - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for including my picture!!
    -Trish
    http://www.TheOldPostRoadBLOG.blogspot.com
    http://www.theoldpostroad.Etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... I love these charades... good job Jodi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great game for your blog, Felicia. Bravo to the winner for getting the answers so quickly.
    Chris
    www.cbcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite images are #5, & 7. -
    what a fun thing to do Felicia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that was hard! I only got a few right!

    Thanks for the giveaway! Number 8 is my fave!

    shiki6210 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha fun game! Numbers 8 & 9 are my favourites. Really pretty.

    reviewsbyabby at gmail do com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is number 5! Love these photos and love the game! What an interesting contest!

    mandm_2002 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm following via google friend connect.

    mandm_2002 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1 twas the night before christmas
    2 a christmas story
    3 miracle on 34th street
    4charlie brown christmas
    5 home alone
    6 it's a wonderful life
    7 jingle bells
    8 it came upon a midnight clear
    nannypanpan@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails