Saturday, December 26, 2009

AFTER-CHRISTMAS SALE

I'm trying not to be too discouraged or crabby about it, but my Etsy sales during November and December were absolutely dismal.  It was especially disheartening because I had been working on Christmas products almost continuously since September.  Not to mention that this stuff now threatens to crowd me out of house and home. So I created a separate sale section in my shop and hope that the reduced prices will clear out some or all of my inventory.  Stop by and take a look.

Typical of most of us in the new year, I'm going to re-evaluate and try and determine what I need to improve upon - or how. Is it the product? Marketing? Visibility on Etsy?  Once we get through this holiday season I may put together a questionnaire and have you help me make some decisions.  I love being able to do what I'm doing, but the secondary goal is to supplement my retirement income and that's the part that's not happening for me.

In the meantime, I'm still in holiday mode and hope this holiday season is bringing you much happiness, warmth and love!  I'll be in touch.

5 comments:

  1. My sales were also low, I blame that on my lack of new listings because of fall semester though. I'm all for revamping in the new year, and wish you the best of luck with your shop! I'm excited to really devote some time to figuring how to run things in the best way possible. Being sustained fully is also my goal! I'll be sure to help out with the questionnaire.
    -Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicia, My sales this season have been very good. I credit a marketing class and luck. I too am still overwhelmed with inventory and am busy unstretching canvases to gain more space for the type of work that is selling. I would be glad to anwser your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good 2 week spurt on Etsy and sold quite a bit, but I didn't sell a thing in the shop where I sell my mosaics here in Florida.
    I am also thinking of some changes to my inventory and coming up with some new ideas for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine -
    So I guess both of us will be re-evaluating. I think your work is beautiful, as you know. Enjoy your New Year's and then it's back to business, right??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicia I completely understand your frustration...I'm frustrated for you because you have a fabulous product. I want to help so definitely send along that questionairre...till then keep your chin up...bright things are ahead

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails