Saturday, October 31, 2009

OCTOBER CHARADES WINNER!!

We have a winner for the $15 gift certificate to my shop for the October Charades Contest.  But before I make the announcement ...   no one guessed the answer and I'm a little surprised. I said that it would be tougher, and I dropped hints all over the place.  For instance:

Hint: "Not every movie is a great movie."   This one was a sequel and although I didn't see it, it was soundly panned by the critics.
Hint: "Is it spelled sci-fi or sy-fy?" That makes it a science fiction movie.
Hint: "It's interesting to me that two very different objects (like maybe an animal and something else) can accomplish the very same result in the end."  This was a HUGE clue!  Obviously, I was referring to the first clue, the cow - what's the cow DOING? He's eating grass and making it shorter!
Hint: I also posted clues in my comments: "Each artwork represents one word in the title. So there's four words in this title. (Actually, one of them is a word and a number.)" Again, pretty obvious I was referring to the second clue.
Hint: "The answers aren't quite as OBVIOUS as before."  So ... think outside the box.
Hint: "The untitled last piece of art shown here is titled 'Cyberspace.'"   This was a total giveaway. 

OKAY, are you ready??





LAWNMOWER







MAN 2:










BEYOND (The word was in the title)










CYBERSPACE (I gave you this answer)






The original 1992 movie, Lawnmower Man, was apparently pretty successful, especially in terms of its visual effects. Tagline: God made him simple. Science made him a god.  It was adapted from the Stephen King book of the same name and they all should have reconsidered the whole idea when Stephen King had his credit removed following a lawsuit!
 
Then comes the sequel, Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace: God made him simple. Science made him a god. Now, he wants revenge. One of the comments posted on IMDB.com:  "Rare is a movie this bad!!!!!"
 
I thought I was being clever and tough with this one, and apparently I succeeded too well. For future games, I have three hints:
 
1. Think outside the box
2. Google search
3. Get friendly with http://www.imdb.com/
 
I'll post the new game for November and hopefully I'll hit somewhere in between - not too easy, not too tough.  And I may change up some things. Still thinking.  Stay tuned.
 
In the meantime, here's our winner:
 
Carapace!
 

 
Congratulations, Carapace!!! I'll be in touch with our winner to get her choice from my shop. 
 
So what do you think? Are you pouting or are you laughing?

(I'm doing both - pouting because no one guessed, so no free gift; laughing because I fooled you! ROFL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails