Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm Telling You I'm Busy!

Have you noticed that even the busiest people are never too busy to take time to tell you how busy they are? ~ Bob Talbert

Guilty. I'm going to take time to tell you how busy I am  ....

I opened up my shop on Etsy last September. One of my challenges has been anticipating and working far enough ahead to be ready for the major events or holidays.  I was caught a little short last Christmas, although I was able to post some pieces.  The best sellers were the few sets of little vintage blocks I offered.  So ... my mother didn't raise a dumb kid. I have been busy for the past two months creating bigger and better Christmas blocks and other holiday items.  The new blocks are 2.5 inches square compared to 1.25 square last year:



Here's what my studio looks like the past two months:






Here's a sampling of what is posted so far in my shop.


Some of the blocks show photos of my own angel ornaments:



Or photos of my own collection of vintage decor:







Photos of the Shiny Brite ornaments I saved from my family's collection, ornaments that graced our Christmas trees every year ever since I can remember. The ornaments show the wear of all those years, and had I known then that these would be highly collectible today, I might have tried to take better care of them!



I also have lots of blocks with images of vintage children and Santas.






I haven't listed any yet, but I'm also working on these card/photo holders.  I have only one set done so far:




I'm particularly fond of these types of nostalgic Christmas vintage images, so I enjoy creating the blocks. I sure hope enough buyers enjoy them too; otherwise, I'll be running out of storage room in my condo!

What do you think? Am I putting you in the mood to start singing Christmas carols?

4 comments:

  1. Those card holders are too cute!! And your studio isn't too bad - you can see your floor (more that I can say about mine- LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey - I guess I'll have to make a worse mess on the floor to keep up with you! I'm working on more of the card holders today - glad to hear you like them! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These items are so beautiful, Felicia! And your studio looks much more picked up than mine at the moment. I have tiptoe around things drying or half finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    I guess it's the nature of the art beast to have a messy studio! Happy to know I'm not alone. I will have to make some order soon because I'm starting to stumble over and bump into things ...

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails