Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September Charades Winner!

You guessed it!  Here's some trivia about "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain". The song was written in 1945 and originally performed by Roy Acuff. The 1975 recording by Willie Nelson is perhaps the most famous one and jump-started Willie's career. Prior to that he had been known primarily as a song writer ("Crazy" by Patsi Cline and "Hello Walls" by Faron Young - I can hear you singing both of these right now!) The song is also considered to be the last song Elvis Presley sang (at the piano in the music room at Graceland) before his death on August 16th 1977.  Thus ends the entire sum of my knowledge of country music! 

Listen to Willie, then see below for contest winners.


The  first one - among many - to guess the song was ZenDotStudio. She'll be receiving a special gift from me.

BUT - The BIG WINNER for a $15 gift certificate is:

MELANIE



Congratulations, Melanie! I'll be contacting you regarding your gift certificate to my shop.  And thanks to everyone who participated. Be sure to come back for the next one.

I'll be posting the October Charades contest tomorrow. And once again, game on! This time I'm convinced I have made it a lot tougher for you to guess, so we shall see .....

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I won a prize. And it's especially funny because my knowledge of country music would fit on the head of a pin with space to spare! Thanks again for using my "Buddha Cries A Leaf" in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - you just read above the sum total of my knowledge of country music! I do like Willie Nelson though, and I have had a crush on Kris Kristofferson for many moons. That's it, though. Thanks again for participating and for letting me use your artwork as part of the game.

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails