Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thursday Sweet Treat - "Over the Moon"

Here's the digital print I submitted for this week's Thursday Sweet Treat (http://thursdaysweettreat.blogspot.com/) theme, "Over the Moon." It's called "who knows" - inspired by my favorite poet, e e cummings.

Who knows if the moon’s a balloon,
coming out of a keen city
in the sky
filled with pretty people?
(and if you and i should
get into it, if they
should take me and take you into their balloon
why then,
we'd go higher with all the pretty people
than houses and steeples and clouds
go sailing
away and away sailing into a keen
city which nobody's ever visited, where
always
it's
spring) and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves.


I love the poem, especially the last lines: "where always it's spring) and everyone's in love and flowers pick themselves."


Love it, love it, love it. What about you?


Be sure to stop by Natasha's blog (http://thursdaysweettreat.blogspot.com/) to see how the other fabulous artists have interpreted the theme.

3 comments:

  1. ooh I really like this - both the art & the poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo-- think it complements the poem very nicely! And could DEFINITELY enjoy that eternal spring... though I wonder if we would come to appreciate it less... Ahhh, I do so love spring though. :) Also wanted to say a big thank you for visit and your comment on my little blog. One of these days, I'll even post something new! heh heh Life outside/offline/away & working has been occupying the great majority of my hours these days, but I imagine fall will bring me in and blogging more. :) Really enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey - I'm always amazed at what cummings did with words. So creative!

    Kenna - thanks for visiting. I adore spring (maybe because I was born in April?? *wink*) I know exactly what you mean about "busy-ness." I don't think I have ever in my life been as busy as I am now with my art, and that includes when I worked 60 hour weeks in my previous work life! Hang in there ...

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails