Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My mini vacation

Last week I took a mini vacation and spent a few days with friends in Oscoda, Michigan, a lovely resort area located at the first knuckle of your index finger. (It is so much fun to live in Michigan and use your hand as a map!!)


I'm just now getting around to sorting my photos so here's a few random images. Be sure to scroll all the way to the end for a mini-contest!


I'm drawn like a magnet to pretty flowers ...


Found some great old barns ...

This photo of the neighbor's lonely beach front just cries out for me to do something artistic with it ..

We were blessed with perfect weather for the first time in a long time. Summer has been a bit problematic this year ...


We visited the Lumberman's Monument, an interesting history lesson. The most interesting for me, however, was how I managed to make it down and up these 200+ stairs down to the water with my bad back!


Finally, this photo just begs for a funny/cute caption! Here's a deal: Post your suggestion for a caption. I'll pick my favorite and send the winner your choice of two of the notecards I just posted in my shop: http://anotherbrightidea.etsy.com/. (Be sure to leave an email so I can contact you for a mailing address.) I MIGHT tell you what my first caption thought was! ; )



Thanks. Finally, while you're here post a comment in my Let's Play Charades contests.

1 comment:

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails