Friday, August 14, 2009

In my Neighbor's Garden

I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in tune once more. - John Burroughs

I live in a townhouse condo in a very small complex, which suits me just fine. I have a small front yard and an enclosed back patio area, facing north. My patio gets sun for most of the day, which allows me to grow the flowers I love. However, my neighbor's unit is set back more, and she has a lovely old wysteria vine overhead, so her patio is mostly in shade. She's often said she's jealous that I get all the sun. I had to prove to her that her patio has what mine doesn't: a lovely old world, romantic ambiance because of the shade. I think I convinced her. Here are the photos I took of her garden, and they are now posted in my shop as greeting cards and 8x10 prints. (Note: the gray border is just a border; not part of the card.)

Enjoy!





















1 comment:

  1. looks like a love place to while away the afternoon

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails