Sunday, July 26, 2009

Seven Things About Me

My blogger friend Cindi from http://clayitagain.blogspot.com/ has awarded me the Premio MeMe award. Neither of us are quite sure what “premio meme” means, but we’ll take the award anyway. To accept the award I have to list seven things about me, and pass the award to seven other bloggers.

So, MeMe first, in no particular order of importance:

1. I’m the quintessential middle child - four older siblings, four younger. I don’t think I fit all the characteristics of a middle child, but I do fit a few: I felt lost in the shuffle (there were 9 of us!) and I am independent, generous, and creative.
2. I was born in April, a true Aries. I’m a little skeptical about astrology but admit some of it hits close to home. For instance, Aries rules the head, and Aries people are supposed to be sensitive about their heads. In truth, I have never been able to tolerate hats, masks, or anything on my face or head. And even though I have worn glasses for years, they are a daily annoyance.
3. I enrolled in college at the ripe old age of 30, and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from Michigan State University. A dream fulfilled.
4. I call myself the bionic woman. Thanks to an S-curve scoliosis, I have undergone 4 spinal fusions since 2000, and have two rods and a bunch of screws and hooks in my back, from my shoulders to my butt.
5. I lived in San Francisco for a few years in my 20s. Reluctantly I moved back to Michigan, but SF remains my favorite city ever. Each visit back is bittersweet for me. (Why I left is a long, complicated story for another time.)
6. The older I get the more weepy I get. It doesn’t take much to get me misty-eyed – a sweet thing someone does for me or I do for someone else, a touching book or movie, sudden thoughts of loved ones I have lost and, yes, even Hallmark commercials.
7. I’m a “hopeful” gardener. I have a small enclosed garden at my townhouse condo and I love flowers (as you can see by the photographs and artwork in my shop). But I plant the way I cook – throw in a little of this and a little of that and “hope” it all works in the end.

And now for 7 favorite bloggers:

http://aquamaureens.blogspot.com/ Maureen is in the middle of an artist challenge: create something every day for 100 days. She’s an inspiring writer/poet as well.

http://persistentgreen.blogspot.com/ Amanda, daughter of Aquamaureen and also doing the 100 days. Like mother, like daughter – an excellent writer/poet and artist.

http://etsystalker.com/ Curated by Beatrice and Violet. These two ladies are VERY funny as they post about favorite Etsy artists.
http://gottalovemom.blogspot.com/ Jen-Jen is a great mom dealing with some emotional family issues with compassion and beautiful writing.
http://jodihorgan.blogspot.com/ Not only does Jodi create beautiful jewelry, she writes with insight into the entire creative process.
http://creativenachos.com/ Natasha, a writer/artist with passion and sensitivity, no matter the topic.
http://mackin-art.blogspot.com/ Kelly is an artist, living historian, medical technologist living year round on Mackinac Island, MI. How’s that for intriguing blog topics?

Visit them all; you’ll love them!

And while you're here, don't forget to post a comment for the "Let's Play Charades" contest here to get in the running for a free print from my shop.

5 comments:

  1. Felicia,

    Thanks for the award. This should be fun. I have some thinking to do.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. fascinating list - look forward to visiting the links you suggest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I love getting to know who writes the blogs I read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for the award, and I'm honored to be in such fine company. Loved getting to know you better. SanFran was the first city I lived in as a newlywed . . . although a country girl at heart, I fell in love with SF .. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Felicia,
    Thanks for sharing the award and sharing a part of you!
    It came in a wonderful time in my life, too, when chaos seemed to have overwhelmed my days and weeks!
    Have a great one, my dear and see you around!
    Love,
    Jenjen

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails