Monday, July 13, 2009

ANNOUNCING: LET'S PLAY CHARADES!

Welcome to the first of what will be a monthly feature – “Let’s Play Charades!”

Here's how it works.

It may be a movie:
a book: a TV program:
a song title:
or a quotation:
I will post art from various Etsy shops and each photo will represent one word in the title, in the correct order. In most cases (but not all) I will ignore short prepositions (a, an, the).

The prize: A free gift with free shipping from my shop! For this feature, your prize will be a digital collage print of the first image shown on here. It's in my shop at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26495765.

Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing for up to three chances: (1) Take your guess, (2) Tell us your favorite from one or more of these shops, (3) sign up to follow my blog. Winner will be selected by random number generator.

Since I’m late getting started this month, I will let this game run through August 13, but the next game will be posted the first week of August.

HINT: I STRONGLY suggest that you do visit each shop, because the answer may be in the title of the work, the tags, the shop name or anything else that might be included in that listing. (I can’t make this too easy!)

HERE WE GO!

What is it (both):
Time frame: Early/Late 1990s

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26495765

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9291774

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12286718

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15904815

Good luck!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, sounds like?????

    I love charades!

    But I haven't a clue--

    Great idea.

    Please post the answer on our DSG forum thread when the contest is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I'll come back tomorrow and play ~ bedtime for now :D....Cya then! Dava

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I am very bad at charades. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's ok, Jordanka. You posted a comment so that puts you in the running for the contest. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a guess - I'll email it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. moon, garden, good luck and man...sounds like a vampire movie to me....nut i dont have any idea which it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my fav item from your shop
    ACEO Language of the Flowers - Gerbera Daisy

    and i am a blog follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome, Noble. Happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no clue. Ha, now I want to know what the answer is. It's gonna bug me all week.

    callieivy(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. From your shop, I really like all of your "liquid" digital prints.

    callieivy(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome, Callie - happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is strikingly beautiful but the charade concept-not loving it.
    Zoe0825@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails