Thursday, June 25, 2009

Whirling Colors in Mid-Flight

“That’s when I saw you balancing on a high wire without a net while painting the sky in a kaleidoscope of color …” "And There Were Wings" - Natasha Reilly-Moynihan


That's the theme for this week's Thursday Sweet Treat, http://thursdaysweettreat.blogspot.com/.
Here's my submission:

“Kaleidoscope of Color”

"When I first heard this theme I was a little stumped for ideas. Then I remembered a line from one of Natasha’s poems (“And There Were Wings”) that has stuck with me since I read it: “That’s when I saw you balancing on a high wire without a net while painting the sky in a kaleidoscope of color …” (I’m beginning to think that Natasha is my muse!) This is a digital collage print using my background images in layers and then applying Photoshop effects."

I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with this image. I feel like it still needs something. I won't post it in my Etsy shop unless I'm happier with it. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Stacey. Natasha's a wonderful poet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's beautiful - the colors are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture seems to get cooler the longer you look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to tell you Felicia..I looked for it in your shop the moment i saw it...visually it's stunning....I'm a fan ...I don't think it's missing anything...you are such a talented artist

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails