Thursday, June 4, 2009

Here's ... Another Bright Idea

The thought of starting this blog has been bouncing around in my brain for quite awhile now. But like a little kid standing on the edge of a pool, hesitant to make that first jump, I have been standing here … shifting from one foot to the other … looking around furtively to see if anyone’s watching ... mumbling to myself: “C’mon, Kramer – lots of people write blogs … it can’t be that tough … you’re not a kid anymore … fraidy-cat!”

Finally, my daily horoscope pushed me into the pool:

Aries (March 21-April 19) The way to bring your heart and head into union is simply to act. The time has come for you to let go of fear and go for it.

So what can you expect to see here instead of a bad backstroke?

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
-Thomas Merton


Art. Lots of it. As an Etsy artist, I hope to be able to share with you what I’m working on and give you some insight as to the process, both mental and physical, that goes into an artistic creation.


Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. – Rollo May

Community. I’m now part of a large creative on-line community and I’m loving every minute of it. I want to introduce you to other artists who are doing incredible work and have them share themselves with you. Occasionally I will post a tutorial, either my own or other artists’, a step-by-step guide to the artistic process.

That is the best – to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
– Gloria Vanderbilt

Family. I’m part of a huge extended family – three brothers, four sisters, and so many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews that I have to stop and count before I can tell you how many there are. And I think all of them are born comedians. We laugh a lot … and often. So you’ll occasionally get some family funnies here.

In case you haven’t already guessed, you’ll get quotations. I’m an inveterate quote collector because others wiser than me say what I want to say, but they usually say it better.
The secret of being a bore is to tell everything.
- Voltaire

And finally, I expect I will share some of the minutiae of my daily life … but I’ll try mightily not to be boring because … (see the quote at the bottom of this page.)

13 comments:

  1. Felicia ...I am SOOO excited for you, for this blog!! I, for one, am super thrilled that you dove in...you are such a thoughtful talented artist...the world needs more of you work and you needed your own beautiful corner of the blogosphere to share this...I love this blog and am proud to be a follower...I can't wait to learn, share, laugh and explore this crazy artistic world with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip-hip-hooray! I'm so loving this!Maybe one of your "bright ideas" will rub-off towards my direction..I'll be visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea indeed!

    of course, I just have to love the Voltaire quotation— he certainly was a great one for epigrams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Felicia, Congratulations for making the jump. I did it myself just last month and it's turned out to be more fun than I expected. I'll be following and eager to read all the quotes you've got up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your blog - it's absolutely beautiful and you're just getting started! "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Hope you will find this to be a joyful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful so far! And the quote at the bottom of the page! Yep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. It took me awhile to get here, but ... now it's onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to blogland. You have a fantastic start. Have a great weekend. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. great quotes, thoughts & pics! Looking good :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog so far. I will check back soon!
    ALOHA FROM HAWAII !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings!

    Awesome beginning! Yay you for doing! :-)

    BB & GF! :-)
    -Bird

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful beginning! I'm so glad you finally jumped into the world of blogging. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice begining! It took me a while to get started as well! I have enjoyed posting about my work and having a place I can share what is of valuse to me, my work! I am sure very few ever read my blog, but I find it a good place to reflect on my processes and progress! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails