Monday, June 22, 2009

No place like home

There's a place where you can march to the beat of your own drummer - because it's home. Author unknown

Don't get me wrong - it's great to be home but I had a wonderful time with my sister. We had some fun - Galena, IL and another stop I'll tell you about later - and we had some work - hanging pix, craft painting, shopping for fabric and accessories for her bedroom. I came home with fabric to make a bedroom quilt, pillow covers, pillows to hang from a rod behind her bed, and a bunch of toss pillows for her. On the schedule today is to clean and oil my sewing machine to get ready for a sewing marathon!

I also took almost 300 - yes! - pix. Brilliant me - I forgot my camera for our full day in Galena and the next morning when we went back it was pouring rain. So I won't have as many photos from there that I had hoped for. I was interested in not only "vacation" photos, but photos I can use in my digital collages. I need time to sort my photos and probably delete some, I'm sure. I do love digital cameras for that ability alone. No more fussing with pix for fear of wasting money. Now I just shoot and shoot and shoot.

Anyway, bear with me while I decompress from the trip. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Love digi cams, too...but my problem is I haven't had the time to make them into albums. They're buried in my PC..
    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails